Designed to recognize those Cubs, Scout and Venturer Units who participate in the recovery action after a disaster or state of emergency so officially declared by any city, county, state or government agency.
- Must have approval from disaster agency or representative prior to accomplishing project.
- Council Trail Boss or his representative must be notified prior to accomplishing project.
- BSA Local Tour Permit is required if available, and must be signed by agency representative to get credit for hours worked.
- Minimum of eight (8) hours work required. May be cumulative but must be on same disaster.
- Participants must be currently registered in Scouting. Applications must be approved by H.A.T. approval person before awards will be issued. Retroactive to January 1971.
- Councils are encouraged to make segments for disasters in their area. Segments shall be 3/4" x 3" in any color with name of disaster on segment.
- APPROVED DISASTERS:
- Sylmar Earthquake 1971
- Malibu Fire 1978
- Manderville Canyon, Pacific Palisades, Carbon Canyon Fires 1978
- Angeles National Forest Fire 1979
- So. California Flood 1980
- Whittier Earthquake 1987
- Award is retroactive to January 1986.